Copyright © Illustration by Hadley Hooper

Copyright © Illustration by Hadley Hooper
Copyright © Illustration by Hadley Hooper

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Frustration

Lately, it seems that narcolepsy has been affecting my body in ways that I have yet to get used to. On Saturday I celebrated my birthday. I took several naps during the day to ensure that I could stay up later than usual and hang out with my friends. I had a great time! I stayed up until 2 am, longer than I had stayed up since starting the Xyrem regimen.

I paid the price the next couple days. Sunday I was incapable of doing much but laying there and recovering. Monday morning, I was still so tired that I had to call in late to work because I was not rested enough to drive safely. The cataplexy also made it difficult to walk, and my knees almost gave way several times.

My life now revolves around the necessity to sleep. This is a fact that I can not afford to ignore. It just frustrates me to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment